Updates and Hotfixes

It seems to me that the idea of players waiting till the next update to fix serious issues that bottleneck progression to almost nothing, is highly unreasonable. This kind of perspective from devs is pretty atrocious on a player retention and general game quality level, id feel the same way if i was entirely uneffected by a bug that did so.

Serious problems of this magnitude should not be placed into the next upcoming update patch, they should become an absolute priority. Hotfixs are not an unreasonable solution here, in fact i feel that devs taking development of the game serious, should consider this a better evolution to enhancing game quality and player retention.

Comments

• You have no idea the level of changes and reworking that are taking place behind the scenes at the moment. There were serious flaws with the game, which required a serious overhaul as the one they are recurrently in the midst of rolling out. Minor issues will get fixed and will be addressed.  The game has not been out for lol that long, and the small group of devs have gone to tremendous lengths to try and make the best game possible and take care of their players base. If you think they had the power and ability to fix every single issue brought up in a moments notice, don’t you think they would have already? They are gamers and fans of the game, just like us. They see the issues we see, and they are working hard to correct them. Don’t forget they are a very small company beholden to a big fish publisher, King, who is beholden to a giant fish owner in Activision, so there is always some give and take between what’s best for player experience and what needs to be done to cover costs and make money. 
  • let’s get those boys some help... and money Activision!!
  • edited July 17
    None of us have any idea of what is taking place behind the scenes as players. Partly because devs havent been responding to threads for serious game malfunctions, where we only really have 50% or less of the game available (of what is available to us) to us. Not because we havent progressed far enough, but because the game is bugged so baddly we can't progress at the rate other players have, and the rate is so dwarfed it is effectively broke. I understand that is probably a minority of players effected, and that may have an impact on your decision making, however deciding that minority isn't important enough to focus on fixing their problems, has an affect on those who are uneffected by that bug.
    Updates/changes to the game are less important compared to playability and retention of new and incoming players. Nobody, those directly and indirectly impacted by serious game malfunctions, care about your deadlines with parent companies, thats an excuse to minimize the greater effect taking place. And if your parent companies cant accept a deadline push to raise overall quality and playability for the entire community, then ultimately they dont really care much for their  community. This isnt just a simple bug, with minor effects, im not being pedantic about the effect this "bug" has. Im not demanding prefection on all bugs. But i do think its reasonable, that the bugs with major effects that are breaking the playability of the game, do deserve undivided attention so they are fixed as quickly as possible.
    This suggestion and perspective is not unreasonable, in fact i can name several activision titles who have set aside updates and such, to hotfix serious and pertitent issues invovling playability and other factors.
    If anything, a system in place that organizes issues by severity should be taking place. Followed up by statements and announcements to the community on the understanding of the severity, and whether or not they will be hotfixed or added to the next rollout of updates.

How long are we expected to wait around for a fix, to a malfunction, that effectively has broken our playability? Do you think its reasonable, due to this malfunction, going from level 7 to 8 takes almost a week? Or that going from level 8 to 9 is going to take 2 weeks or more? What exactly are my incentives for holding out for a fix, versus playing your competors title? The game has huge potential, the  concepts are cool, but the atitude and focus on really serious issues is, at best, atrocious. And it seems like this company doesnt even attempt to square off on the issues by offering rewards/compensation for the serious effects, that we are expected to just wait on for a update. It seems like you may as well be flipping the bird. The obvious compromise is a hotfix policy, and i dont mean for a minor bug with little to no overall affect. I mean serious bugs that effectively break the game.
    Dont get me wrong, i appreciate the efforts taken by the team. And your willingness to respond and help me see it from your prespective.
  • @Bizzo

Well spoken, I concur.
  • Bizzo said:
    None of us have any idea of what is taking place behind the scenes as players. Partly because devs havent been responding to threads for serious game malfunctions, where we only really have 50% or less of the game available (of what is available to us) to us. Not because we havent progressed far enough, but because the game is bugged so baddly we can't progress at the rate other players have, and the rate is so dwarfed it is effectively broke. I understand that is probably a minority of players effected, and that may have an impact on your decision making, however deciding that minority isn't important enough to focus on fixing their problems, has an affect on those who are uneffected by that bug....

Well said and explained -- I get it. BUT, we are on the precipice of a MAJOR update to the game which will address many of the issues you are concerned with (I imagine) . When there is a rather complete overhaul of a game, many of those minor bugs have to be shelved, unfortunately, for the focus on the bigger picture, which is more necessary. I do have some insight as to what is going on behind the scenes because I am one of those players who has been play-testing and providing feedback on the new changes for some weeks now. Hold on to your hats, because it's big what's coming, and they have been working very hard making the best game they can, which is precisely why certain other aspects of the game have not been addressed. No doubt there will be bugs with the new rollout, but once this major update is public, I expect their full efforts addressing the issues, bugs, and glitches that you are concerned with.
  • Im okay with that, however in the future, id implore them to focus on fixing the serious malfunctions first, with hotfixes. Then explore the options for content upgrades and overhaul. There isnt much of any incentive for new players experiencing these major problems to stick around, and that is just laziness and complacency.
  • I know it may seem like laziness and complacency from the outside, but I know that they are working overtime to get the game straightened out. Once this new change takes place, I imagine they will be much better about the hotfixes and such. This update was an "all hands on deck" situation and was the single focus of the team to make sure it was done, and done as correctly as possible. I really think the player base will be pleased with the changes that are coming and it'll be worth the wait.
  • So when can we expect this update?
  • Was worth the wait as you said liquid. I still feel the same about major bugs/glitches needing hotfixes rather than rolled into the next update series. Or at least rewards for holding out, this update was very rewarding. Thanks for the conversation, and adding to the suggestion.
  • I am a member of a guild whose members have been playing for quite a long time and I believe that changes are tolerable for new players, but people are leaving our guild and no one is twice happy. I do not like the latest update in a few, everything is different and all efforts have been stopped and moved completely elsewhere. The rewards are completely different and any progress seems lengthy and futile .. nobody knows what will happen and few players have the incentive to play anymore. What man has long created is scattered and "beings", "legends" that we have been collecting for so long, have fallen into our lap, day after day the army grew up (copy non plus ultra) and who was lucky to understand how right convert, so moved up in the arena rocket up, but the joy of it faded, .. Valkyrie has improved the shower of arrows, which led to deterioration, not to mention the reduction of the strongest beings and degradation to the weakest. New legends now myths, they look ugly and don't attract at all, the bear, which was one of the most popular, turned into a strange thing: if I look at it I don't know if it's a dog, a lion, or a bear crossed with an ape. If this were a resumption of the campaign, but it seems that there was a change only to make the players invest more real money, because without them everything takes a long time and the rewards are useless and it takes a long time to get something for the rewards collected. : angry: