New version of Solgard is out! 1.8.0

Hi guys!

We're currently rolling out version 1.8.0 of Solgard. The rollout will be in stages 

New in this release:

• New Treasure Hunt design!
  • Rainbow events now have two variations, one with the chance to drop legendary gems!
  • All active guild members will now get boss chests, even if the boss died too fast for some to get their hits in
  • Icons and textures upgraded for more detail and clarity
  • Various bug fixes and improvements
Check our Facebook group for all the details

Comments

• Thanks for the update @MarkHawk

Will be on the look out for the update, and you know I'll be putting my $2M opinion in for what it's worth (Solgard inflation, you know)... lol
  • @MarkHawk would you be so kind as to post a link for the tutorial mentioned in the Facebook update news?

Thanks!
  • zzzz said:
    @MarkHawk would you be so kind as to post a link for the tutorial mentioned in the Facebook update news?

Thanks!
    Hi 4z,

Which tutorial are you referring to? 
  • On the whole the update looks good, the new treasure hunt is indeed easier in the beginning while I have the feeling that the Rainbow is getting harder and harder still... which I guess is normal. My only comment on the changes there is that I feel like "unlocking" the first time is enough - after that the need to unlock feels more like it a hindrance than a motivation, and after all I don't need to be reminded over and over that I own rare and epic creatures.

Another minor issue I noticed about the update is cosmetic. Maybe it's just on my phone hardware/software combination (Android 8 on Snapdragon 625) but the Shroomling and Sun Mage now look pretty messed up, especially the Shroomling - as if it's wearing a giant quivering jelly mold instead of a head. It seems like maybe something about the tweaked colors has messed with the lighting effects on these two characters, making what used to be a glow into a translucent jelly. Admittedly it doesn't affect gameplay but it somehow jolts me every time I see it.

Finally, today I experienced a serious bug: Resetting the boss battle cool-down (with 150 diamonds(!)) resulted in the diamonds being subtracted, but no actually reset happening. I tried it twice just to make sure, and thereby lost 300 diamonds with nothing to show for it. IMHO that is a pretty terrible bug that needs to be fixed ASAP, especially seeing as it concerns diamonds, which cost actual money. I have already contacted support to ask for a refund.
  • Have the same color issue and also a Droid user... sure hope it's not what Snowprint had in mind for new graphics... 

A tad bit annoying, to say the least.  Almost don't want to look at my Collections... 

Didn't need to use diamonds for the Boss Arena, and none of our crew did either.  Snowprint is usually very good about refunds.  Sure hope you get your refund soon @mischkl ... 300 diamonds is a big loss.
  • I am not able to play like I was before update.   The game constantly force closes when I hit dungeon tab, when I try to access character screen, when I *win* a duel or battle.  Losing seems to be fine.   
    I even deleted the game and did a fresh install after backing up with Game Center on iOS.  Prior to this update, I had no issues other that the Underworld 24hr lockout bug.  
    Is there a fix in the works? 
    Is there a way to go back to a previous version? 
  • Regarding strange colours on creatures; I can add Cinder Wyrm to the list of messed up graphics. It’s not as obvious as Sun Mage and Shroomling, but there is definitely something weird around his tail. I am an iPhone user, so it’s not just android users that are affected.

Personally, I like the new graphics on the whole, but I think I’m in the minority and clearly, if it is having a negative effect on some players, it needs a rethink. Maybe there could be an option to choose which scheme the user would prefer (memory constraints permitting)?

I like the new sound effects on the creature screens too... really brings the characters to life.

Rainbow is definitely harder now there are greater restrictions. It definitely encourages you to develop more creatures.

And I miss the gold I used to get from Treasure Hunt (if I was lucky) but, I think, as that gnome levels that will be better too.

But, dust, dust, dust. Good thing, you can get reasonable amounts from chests, and good thing I am in a guild that can get them. Even so, an awful lot of creatures will get to rank 7 long, long, long (yawn) before their abilities can get to level 10. Would it really hurt to double (at least) the dust rewards from Treasure Caves? Seems you go to all the effort of getting to Magical Caves and get nothing extra for it...
  • Used to be able to pick out the boosted peeps quite easily during events, they had a green glow/aura.  Guess I'll have to wait for the Grimshaw event to see if the boosted creatures are easily identifiable.

Seems like my graphics were a little more tamer today...maybe it just took getting used to it... lol
  • Maybe the developers know if there is a phone setting that would help to adjust the graphics?
  • Zzzz. The graphics were too glaring white around minions before and hurting the majority of players eyes and actual could potentially could have cause damage to rods and cone of eyes (especially children that play). The graphics better now except for merged mushroom which is very funky and still too bright and glaring.  Go to your phone settings and try adjusting for brightness.   
  • edited April 26
    Thanks @Bedazzle... didn't know about the possible eye damage... good to know. Thanks!

Can deal with funky looking creatures if it saves my eyesight... lol
  • Melonball said:
    I am not able to play like I was before update.   The game constantly force closes when I hit dungeon tab, when I try to access character screen, when I *win* a duel or battle.  Losing seems to be fine.   
    I even deleted the game and did a fresh install after backing up with Game Center on iOS.  Prior to this update, I had no issues other that the Underworld 24hr lockout bug.  
    Is there a fix in the works? 
    Is there a way to go back to a previous version? 
    I too had the lockout bug after only one trial of the underworld and no available reset. Game is constantly crashing no matter what now. I used to be able to get a few matches in before resetting it myself but now I can’t even go into my creatures menu without it restarting on me. I don’t mind some crashes but not being able to collect anything or even look at the app fully loaded is be coming a pain.
  • @MarkHawk looks like this is getting to high frustration level... Can you request escalation and investigation for fix?

Your efforts on behalf of  Forum Community are always appreciated!
  • Maybe I have just been lucky to date. The only time the app seems to crash for me is on start up, and that is always because the app didn’t shutdown properly from before.

A quick look at the open windows reveals this to be the case. Click on it, or swipe it away and then it’s good.

Might be worth checking for that, if you are having crashing issues. It’s possible some old process(es) is still running, or some memory has not been released.

Needs fixing for sure, but it might help you until it is.
  • The game however restarts or resets after completion of each win or loss of playing event. I have no issues since my iPad is relatively new and has a lot RAM space left. One of my guild mates however is totally unable to play on his older phone.
  • Other guild mates have been crashing during play and or unable to play guild boss resulting in zero contribution to guild boss damage.  I thought you had worked out the bugs before releasing.  Very very frustrating. 
  • That would be extremely frustrating @Bedazzle ;

This issue should be escalated.
  • Every instance that my game crashes and takes me to the home screen I close out the old instance and still no luck. Today I tried to level one character and it took me 4 reloads just to get to the character (on the bottom of the list) and then another 3-4 times just clicking the upgrade portion before it crashed. Please tell me there is going to be a fix coming out soon, I’m missing out on so much! :anguished:
  • The game crashes all the time now. I can’t play with my guild at all. Please tell me it can be fixed?
  • @Journeyman-117 @MarkHawk how's the bug issue fix coming along?  Can we get some info or help for these players?
  • I hope it can be fixend. It is really frustrating.
  • Just received the message, that my phone (iPhone 5s) is too old to play legends of Solgard without insrantly crashing ... really snowprint? 🤨
  • I still can’t level up my characters due to crashing, please fix this!
  • I really like the new treasure hunt setup, much more up to skill instead of chance now!
  • It has been a month and a half since this update and it still crashes but even more so now than before! I don’t know what changed to cause these crashes but because of it 19 paying customers left my guild! I used to love this game but am completely frustrated that no one cares enough to even address this issue verbally in the forums. How many more people have to stop playing before there’s effort put into listening to your fan base? If money is the motivation then the company needs to rethink their product! No one would keep buying the same brand if their product keeps breaking.