State of the Game

I loved this game, played it everyday since launch, but the last month has been just brutal. Everything is a grind. I found the latest Halloween even unbearably hard. I like a challenge, so I stuck with it. After painstakingly completing the bounties, I finally got enough pumpkins to buy the chest that I thought would have the new character in it...nope! It had a whole lot of nothing! It's like the devs are just a bunch of trolls and griefers. There hasn't been any new content in over a month, and when they finally do release something, the make it far too difficult with LITERALLY no payoff unless you are extremely lucky. I was really hoping this Halloween event would make me want to keep playing this game, but it has made me want to quit playing more than ever. With infrequent updates, "rewards" that just make your blood boil, and nothing left in the game to do but grind grind grind for no purpose this game has gone from super fun to extremely tiring and all around a poor continued experience.

Grinding for a Halloween chest that had literally nothing of use in it was the final straw for me...I can't keep playing a game as frustrating as Legend of Solgard.

Comments

• I must agree. Just got 25 pumpkins and bought the chest... Also thought, I would get this new epic creature, but only some not very useful stuff in it.

• edited October 2018

It's a money making ploy. They just tease you with what you want until you get fed up and buy it. The event literally says "Trade pumpkins for Foulsprite gems during this event"...It should say "Trade pumpkins for a chest with a CHANCE of Foulsprite gems".

And what's with the $69.99 price tag on an epic idol?? That's the price of a triple A game for one little item in a mobile game....

• I too was under the impression that handing pumpkins in was going to get me some shards of the Sprite. I mean, that’s exactly how it’s worded. 

And I totally agree with Cinther, I’m seeing in-app purchases in many games displaying packs or In-game currency, that would buy a Tripple ‘A’ title. Game developers have become so greedy these days...... It’s everwhere. 

• I too was under the impression that handing pumpkins in was going to get me some shards of the Sprite. I mean, that’s exactly how it’s worded. 

And I totally agree with Cinther, I’m seeing in-app purchases in many games displaying packs or In-game currency, that would buy a Tripple ‘A’ title. Game developers have become so greedy these days...... It’s everwhere. 

• i was a lucky one and managed to get a sprite not that it matters after the boost is gone until i can get it to 3 or 4.

The grind is really starting to get to me though it seems like the bounties im running in to are level 6 and 7s and i just now am starting to get everything to lvl 4 (player level 18),

arena is the same thing there might be a match or 2 of level 4s but most everyone has 6s (also lvl 4 legendarys.... HOW???????? i almost have the tree to 3 now and i have been playing this game a couple months now.)

Underworld is easy and the same thing every time u have some bad luck u might just make it 3/4 of the way and reset good luck u make it all the way to the end, and at the end you find u made a total of maybe 60-70 idol pieces for in my experience 3-4 days of playing. 60 idol pieces is like 1/6 of an idol. so 12-18 days of this to get one idol. The store is rediculous you cannot buy any chest for under 5 dollars, dust cost almost 5 dollars legendarys if i remember right are over 20 dollars each or right at it same with most idols ( is it even the full idol or is just another mold and 2 weeks of work?) but worse then the items costs is the gold or lack there of. Im only at level 4 with my creatures and already seeing 2-4k upgrade cost for each 1/3 of a level and then ability costs are jacked up even higher escpecially for dust. I have been exclusively saving my green dust for a week and a half now to upgrade a level 5 skill ong gronch and im still over 3k away from just the dusts not including the 3950 gold price tag. ugh 

• and i wonder if i should even keep playing cause in a few months im sure if i make it to level 7 on my creatures the gold costs are going to be in the tens of thousands and i will almost be forced to buy dust or just have level 7s with the abilitys of level 4s forever. 

• Like Cinther, I lovED this game. I progressed rapidly thru the early levels, as everybody does, I suppose. You get sucked in so easily! Then I hit that magical ‘ceiling’ beyond which you have to spend spend spend if you want to progress. Bounties beyond the 7th gang are well nigh impossible with my creatures of levels 3 and 4. When I do spend the day slogging at it and finally scrape thru all 3 opponents by the skin of my teeth, the rewards are paltry. Maybe 2000 gold in total, which might improve one power in one of my creatures. Similarly, with a lvl 15 character, it has become increasingly difficult to maximize rewards in the treasure hunt yet the rewards are still a miserly 400 gold or thereabouts. At lvl 157 in the campaign, I nearly gave up. Only the fact that I’d just joined a new guild kept me going. Finally I got through it, only to be similarly halted at lvl 159. This has ceased to be fun. My constructive suggestions are :Increase the rewards for bounties by an order of magnitude from the seventh gang Increase the treasure hunt rewards once the treasure gnome’s HP goes beyond a certain limit Increase the amount of powder, gems and gold under the rainbowHave some way of increasing luck in general - I am convinced there are times when I’m operating with negative luck, as a long time hack/rogue player, I know this is a game developer technique (showing my age here lol)I’m going to stay until the end of this season to support my guild. If things haven’t improved by then, I’m outta here. There is no point in playing a game where you have to pay to win. That is not a game, it’s a commercial exchange.