Are you mocking us, incompetent or simply don't care? 2 weeks to fix a major issue and you didn't!

There are a few bugs like Dazzlepaw, Wrangler and Crackler not working exactly as worded and they should be fixed but those don't scream super urgent. However, the biggest issue currently in the game is the fact that you lose all chests from bosses you didn't attack or bomb. Now the bosses have much lower hp that they die really fast so many players miss several chests. I woke up and I had missed 3 chests already which is a lot of rewards lost. Even for those awake at the time the event starts can't get all the chests because it's easy to kill all 4 of the first bosses on the first day.

People informed you right away about this and in 2 weeks you couldn't fix this? Are you gonna take 2 months to fix this just like it took 2 months of unfair different groups? My rating in the store has been 1 star since that different groups fiasco and I'll keep it that way until you stop making these ridiculous decisions.

Comments

• Hi there Jagunço,

Where did you report this?

If you already have reported the issue through the in-game help center then you should normally get an email update.

I know that in some cases it can take some time to locate and fix issues in the game.

New game update will be rolled out soon and if you can tell me where this was reported then I'll be able to check up on if the bug will be fixed for next release.

• I didn't personally report this because several people did already. On the first day of this new format for guild bosses people figured noticed this and they reported on reddit and on the facebook. They got responses that they would work on this. 2 weeks later and no fix.
  • I didn't personally report this because several people did already. On the first day of this new format for guild bosses people figured noticed this and they reported on reddit and on the facebook. They got responses that they would work on this. 2 weeks later and no fix.
    Hmmm.. I know the guys in the game studio and they are normally fast in solving issues. If you see any further issues in the game then please report it directly to support. You can either use the in-game help button found in the settings menu or directly here: https://soporto.king.com/contact

This pinned thread gives all the details: https://forum.legendofsolgard.com/legend-of-solgard/discussion/2499/something-not-working-right-need-support-check-this-thread#latest

• I'm pretty sure you didn't understand the problem. In the new guild boss system, the bosses have much lower HP so they die really fast. When I woke up, 3 bosses had already been killed so I missed all those chests because you have to actually damage the boss (or one of his crystals) with attacks or bombs to be awarded the chest. Tomorrow I'll likely lose at least 1 chest, maybe 2.

This worked fine in the old system because the prizes were worse, especially for the first chests they were basically nothing, and I'd only miss one. Now people end up missing 4 to 8 chests in the first 2 days because of this.

People reported this problem and they got a response it would be worked on. They had 2 weeks to solve this but they didn't.
  • So everyone should be given all the rewards regardless of contribution?

Related question: is there a guild I can join where I can just coast and get chests while my nineteen buddies do all the work?
  • lawduck said:
    So everyone should be given all the rewards regardless of contribution?

Related question: is there a guild I can join where I can just coast and get chests while my nineteen buddies do all the work?
    I doubt any guild will accept that. Anyway, if you don't play it's also worse for you. And if you are saying this can be abused. There's an easy fix: everyone in the guild gets the chest, unless you joined it less than 24 hours ago. In that case, you only get a chest if you fought the boss.
  • I get your frustration, but I don't think this is considered a "major issue." In addition, do you know how much work it takes to run a game of this complexity and scope? It's probably a small staff working their tails off trying to keep up with the growing demands of the game, and demands of the users. They are making changes and working to make improvements constantly, and just because some people reported a less-than-ideal happening in the game (guild chests), doesn't mean they are going to move that to the top of the priority list. It's not a glitch, it's just how the game is set up. Hopefully they will do something about it soon, but be patient and appreciate this great game that you get to play for free. And if they decide not to change it, oh well -- those quick kill bosses don't give much in their chests anyways, so it's really not that big of a deal, but I'm sure they will address it when they can.
  • How is it not a major issue? It's one of the biggest issues I've seen with this game. The only one bigger than that was 2 different groups and I guess that took 2 months to fix.

And you are very wrong. Those chests are very important. Players lose a lot of resources by not getting them, especially dust which is already super low.
  • Perhaps the answer is all guild members get loot from Muspelheim, but have to participate for the other levels. 
  • (Apologies for the quote tag, can’t seem to get rid of it.)

You seem very interested in fairness, so if I could just ask again, and with more clarity: if a guild member didn’t contribute in any way toward defeating the boss that dropped the chest, why do they deserve the reward? Simply by membership in the guild? Your answer to my hypothetical deadbeat guild member, above, suggests that that would not be acceptable.

I’m headed on a trip next week where internet access and cell service will probably not exist all that often. Should I get to come home to seven-ten chests worth of loot that I did nothing to earn?
  • @astrid ; excellent idea about entire guild getting the reward for the lower pay out chests!

How about the guild share chests be the first Boss in each Heim?  Not much in them, and there would probably be less resentment for not even getting a chance to battle.
  • lawduck said:
    (Apologies for the quote tag, can’t seem to get rid of it.)

You seem very interested in fairness, so if I could just ask again, and with more clarity: if a guild member didn’t contribute in any way toward defeating the boss that dropped the chest, why do they deserve the reward? Simply by membership in the guild? Your answer to my hypothetical deadbeat guild member, above, suggests that that would not be acceptable.

I’m headed on a trip next week where internet access and cell service will probably not exist all that often. Should I get to come home to seven-ten chests worth of loot that I did nothing to earn?
    Anyone who doesn't contribute is gonna get kicked. Not contributing is not a good decision in any way because your guild loses, you lose indirectly because bosses take longer to defeat and you lose directly by not getting loot (including guild coins) and by eventually getting kicked. If you go on a vacation I find it hard that you can't even login once a day to do the guild battles but even if you really can't and your guild wants to keep you despite those days away, I'm pretty sure they would rather you still got the rewards because that improves your team for when you get back to playing.
  • So participating in a guild is important and any sensible guild leader would kick non-participants. Also, participating is reasonably easy, even on vacation or somewhere with limited internet access.

Why is the game obliged to give chests to guild members who, for whatever reason, did not do anything to earn them during a guild event?

You seem unwilling to explain how those concepts don’t contradict each other. I’m in a top 50 guild, so for the record I can assure you that I understand the importance of guild participation. With the exception of a few low level gem purchases, I haven’t spent that much, so I also understand the challenge of grinding your way to a decent team.

The only thing I don’t understand is why you think it’s the game’s job to give you things you did nothing to get. And why the game’s failure to do so justifies your decision to insult the developers.

But! The world is full of people who disagree about all manner of things. 🖖✌️
  • Active player participation will come once players realize their rewards will be higher for battling.

There really aren't significant rewards for the first Boss of each tier.  
  • Generally I agree that if you don’t battle the boss, you don’t deserve the chest. But when you get to the 4th or 5th boss the first day, even if you were battling on day 1 you will miss out on a chest. I could see an exception for the 1st day. Perhaps the loot is added to the current boss chest but only if you didn’t miss that day of the battles. 

Due to the difference in time zones, some of my guild members missed the first 3 chests as they were won during the night for those members. 
  • Wonder if the first chest availability for all players could have a setting that if you went to open the chest, the player activity level was checked... two or more days of no activity, player opens the chest and it says..

So sorry!  Nothing for you due to inactivity.  Get in there and battle to claim the next reward!    

Maybe the number of days inactive could be set by the Guild leader?
  • Oh my, side tracking the developers again.

Hey Snowprint, can you this on the back burner?  Focus focus, focus on Frozen pretty please!!! : p

Anything I can do to help you stay focused, just ask... lol
  • lawduck said:
    So participating in a guild is important and any sensible guild leader would kick non-participants. Also, participating is reasonably easy, even on vacation or somewhere with limited internet access.

Why is the game obliged to give chests to guild members who, for whatever reason, did not do anything to earn them during a guild event?

You seem unwilling to explain how those concepts don’t contradict each other. I’m in a top 50 guild, so for the record I can assure you that I understand the importance of guild participation. With the exception of a few low level gem purchases, I haven’t spent that much, so I also understand the challenge of grinding your way to a decent team.

The only thing I don’t understand is why you think it’s the game’s job to give you things you did nothing to get. And why the game’s failure to do so justifies your decision to insult the developers.

But! The world is full of people who disagree about all manner of things. 🖖✌️
    When the game makes it impossible to participate in half of the first 2 or 3 days worth of battles, there needs to be change.

I'm actually an officer in a top10 guild so I know very well the importance of guild participation. And I have spent 0 money in the game.

The game worked that way to make people not get rewards by not participating. It wasn't a big problem because people would only miss 1 or maybe 2 chests but their rewards were pretty bad. The game changed. Now you can wake up having missed the first 3 chests already. And some of my mate also miss the forth chest as well. We're all active. We all bomb and do our 3 attempts per day. Why should we be missing rewards?
  • Also, it looks like 4 weeks in and still no solution for this.
  • Hey @astrid... gal's gotta right to change her mind, and yup I've changed mine.... lol

Missing one or two chests, oh well... wasn't much in them, but...

When players start missing four chests or over, that's a big excessive!

One of the reasons people joined large guilds was for the better rewards...

I am predicting that players missing out on Dungeons chest will start looking for smaller crews where they can get in on the chest action.... and then the demise of large guilds.  Nothing better than playing with a full Crew.

Can you loosen your belts Snowprint, and go back to rewarding the whole team when a boss is defeated?  Ain't that much in most of those chests, and it will help bring crews closer and more united.

Usually I say... put this idea on the back burner and focus focus focus on Frozen. This time I am imploring you to make this requested change a priority, even before Frozen.

Thanks for listening.
  • edited March 29
    @zzzz, our guild is simply approaching day 1 slowly. No more than 1 attack/bomb per boss per member and trying to give everyone a chance on the 4th boss which has the best rewards. Some are still only able to get 1 chest on day 1, but it’s always the biggest chest. I still say if you participated on the day, you should reap the rewards of all chests. 
  • Hey Snowprint,

Been giving this topic a whole lotta thought.  Conclusion..... you'll never be able to make the whole community happy on this topic. 

Giving players in the smaller guilds a fighting chance for the nicer chests is a wonderful concept...might keep them enjoying the game longer.

Larger, established guilds are not gonna be complaining too much about the loss of a couple of chests... a lot of their creatures are already maxed out.

Up and coming guilds such as mine will feel the bite a little bit because we are still working on our creatures.  Reminds me of tax time, middle men seem to always be hit the hardest.  I would reward my players personally if I could, but the tax man says nope... lol

Sure would nice if my players would be rewarded for their daily efforts, similar to the daily Chest Quest, a dedicated Dungeons Chest Quest.  

Thanks for listening, and thanks for thinking of all players.  Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own strategy that we tend to not step back and look at the big picture, our entire Solgard community.