Hero Arena

WHY DO YOU ONLY GET A LEVEL 1 BOX? FOR ALL THE TIME AND WORK YOU DO TO MOVE UP HOW ABOUT A BETTER REWARD!!!

Comments

• Kudos to Solgard for creating this game. Don't think in their wildest dreams they thought it would be this popular.  

Yes, a couple more levels on Legends would be great!  In Grandmaster's, it's not uncommon to see Legends with titles.  These players  deserve at least two more levels with better rewards. Might keep them in the Legends League rather than going back down and pummeling players in Grandmasters : p
  • Yes!!! They need multiple levels in legends league -- it's not fair to the grandmasters to keep getting beat by level 7 toon across the board.
  • Please add more strict criteria to moving up and down levels in Hero Arena (like based on creature levels and/or accomplishments at a given level). For instance, if a player has 4 creatures that are level 7, they should never be allowed to play any other division other than Legend League (you need more tiers in LL BTW). This player is sitting in 1st place in Master League III with level 7 creatures, AND has a rank, meaning he finished 3rd place in Legend League -- that player has no business in Master League, let alone Grandmaster League, and should not be allowed to move down as many spots as he/she has to Master League. I probably don't even belong in Master league with my level 6 creatures.
  • That would be great! It's a long wait and process working my way back up again after being on hiatus from the game for almost 4 months and  seeing that I have already plunged through the leagues. 

However,  it defeats the purpose of moving through the leagues. In the first place, the ranks are determined from how active a player plays the hero arena and how well she/he strategizes creatures' moves while fighting against an AI. 

If it'll just depend of the creature level, its unfair for a lot of good players with lv5 or lv6 creatures that can handle being against high players. Maybe it will make hero arena easy to play. BUT it can be a hindrance moving up the league. Legend League offers chests that are more rewarding than other leagues. BUT leveling up of creatures to say, lv7 just to enter that league is not easy.

Also, legend league is NOT ONLY for high level players. Everyone is allowed to enter any league that is fitting of their competency. Any player can EARN a rank no matter what their level is. Its not impossible at all. 

I have already posted that I find Master League easy. I can say that because winning against other players is not that hard. On the other hand, in higher leagues, losing against an AI is normal. It happens all the time. I can say that from experience. 

I started from "WARRIOR" and got better rewards from chests and then got the "CONQUEROR" TITLE back then even when all my creatures are at lv6. I just played harder than others. Had a guild with better buff. Utilized the idols. And played each match seriously.

Its ALL part of the game. Even losing. 
  • Other than Legends, all other Hero Arena Leagues have more than one tier.  It would be nice to have several tiers in Legends too.
  • 1010, you make some grood points. However, there are far more players playing now than when you got your titles with level 6 creatures. I'd say now it's probably close to impossible to get a high ranking in LL without level 7 creatures. (Yes, I beg to differ, at this point in the game, LL is only for level 7s). Also, you get level 7 creatures by playing a lot or dumping a lot of money into the game. You will get there regardless of skill with enough play time -- skill has nothing to do with your creature levels. I don't care how good one's skill is when a player has level 5 & 6 creatures, most of the time they will not beat out a player with level 7 creatures. Look at the current league. You were the only one with 7s across the board, and you ran away with the number one spot by a large margin while myself and a bunch of others with 5s and 6s beat each other up. You didn't finish way ahead of the rest of us because of your superior skill, you were simply going against weaker teams, and that enabled you to make more mistakes, and overcome the "AI" getting overly fortunate draws.
  • Not to detract from the original points but I think once you get some lv6s, you actually have a decent shot and it ends up being a coin flip of who gets the first raven wall, Rotbite, synced anything... (except vs VB, just skip those)

I got warrior title recently with a mudscrape (which you don’t see much) and a lv 5 grimchop (gemming heavily just for the vanity title) then top 100 these past few weeks without gemming; lv6 raven and Rotbite carried me. Only grimchop has decent idols
  • You do have a point (and congrats on the title!). I agree about plying above your level -- you can get the right draws and with the right creatures, strategy and skill and be successful occasionally, but there still shouldn't be level 7 creatures playing in the lower leagues.

• You talked as if your points go down each time I defeat your AI. It doesn't work that way.

Just because I was on the top doesn't mean the rest of the players beat each other up.  I don't really understand this point. lol

It because you don't really beat each other up. You just beat the AI but it doesn't affect the points of any player. You have a choice. You can just choose someone that is easy to defeat. The points in the leagues are designed in way that you can see who plays the most because it increases relatively to the number of matches that you play. You acquire a lot of points from playing a lot. That is by playing maybe 15 to 20 times a day. Just as I did. 
  • Maybe its easier then? Or maybe its still the same?

Right now, many players are playing. Yes, I agree. Then I can assume, a lot of these players are new. Also, with low level creatures.

So with them joining, you are saying that its more competitive now and harder to win a rank or title which can only be acquired from the legend league?
  • A lot of names you can see in the leaderboards were new players then. Entered the legend league with lv4s and lv5s. I don't know how they did it but they did managed to get a title. 

So creature levels doesn't really matter. Just make a wise choice in choosing the opponent that you can defeat and play skillfully.
  • Not being able to defeat others in the hero arena is normal. If you are new, what do you expect? Its not like I haven't experienced this. Of course you can be salty but its a game and you just have to really play hard to strengthen your creatures. And be able to win the next time.
  • 1010 said:
    You talked as if your points go down each time I defeat your AI. It doesn't work that way.

Just because I was on the top doesn't mean the rest of the players beat each other up.  I don't really understand this point. lol

It because you don't really beat each other up. You just beat the AI but it doesn't affect the points of any player. You have a choice. You can just choose someone that is easy to defeat. The points in the leagues are designed in way that you can see who plays the most because it increases relatively to the number of matches that you play. You acquire a lot of points from playing a lot. That is by playing maybe 15 to 20 times a day. Just as I did. 

We beat each other up because we are fighting for the second spot -- and losing more battle than you because your creatures are so much stronger that ours. So we end up taking a lot more losses, and are dueling for that second, third, fourth spot, etc.
  • 1010 said:
    Maybe its easier then? Or maybe its still the same?

Right now, many players are playing. Yes, I agree. Then I can assume, a lot of these players are new. Also, with low level creatures.

So with them joining, you are saying that its more competitive now and harder to win a rank or title which can only be acquired from the legend league?

It was definitely easier then, because more players are playing now at all levels, including the LL. The players that had 5s and 6s when you were playing have 7s now, and there are a lot more of those players now than when you made your run. At this point, my opinion is that no one with 4s and 5s is going to win a title, where that was not the case when you were playing 4 months ago. The game is getting more competitive on all levels, which is great. Besides, you are missing the point. My point was that they should set up the leagues to prevent players of too high a level playing in lower hero arenas, and that levels of creatures do matter. We all take losses in Hero Arena -- that's part of the game, you just hate going up against a far superior team when you're competing for a top spot. I used you in master league as an example -- that's all. It wasn't an insult at you, you have a fantastic team, and worked hard to get there. I congratulate you on your team, your title and your success, but you don't belong in master league, nor grandmaster league, and I hope the devs make some changes to prevent that in the future so it's more fun for everyone.
  • Now that I'm in the Legends League, where do I go from here?.. would love another tier or two for this League.. lol
  • So what happened to me after hitting Legends #22... went way down in Legends League position.   These players in positions 200 to 400 are tougher than the ones I played at the top of last season's Legends League.

Looks like there's nowhere to go except back down to Grandmasters... my apologies to those of you battling in Grandmasters if I end up back down in your league.

Yup, sure could use another tier in Legends, or even another league for the Solgard Elite... or both lol
  • I keep saying, there needs to be some sort of requirement to be in specific leagues other than end-of-league ranking. It is too easy for someone to "level down" by losing on purpose. For instance: it should be that if you have 4 lvl 7 creatures, you can't leave LL no matter your end-of-season rank, or if you have two lvl 7 Legendary creatures that are at least 7/7 on abilities, you can't leave LL. I keep running into a player in GML with a lvl 7 Grimbash and lvl 7 Vinebeard both at 10/10 -- that person has no business in any other league than LL and is nearly impossible to beat unless you have the same two creatures leveled up. I just wish there was some way to adjust the Hero Arena so that it is less dependent on luck and more dependent on creature selection and strategy/skill. I do agree, more tiers for LL would be a helpful step as well.
  • Not leveling back down on purpose @LiquidMinstral .  It's really tough in positions 200 to 400, harder than when I went up to Legends and placed in top 25.  Gonna do what I can to stay in Legends but definitely not easy. Now I understand why players are going back down to Grandmasters... it's not always by choice.

Plus using ranks and levels may not work.  While I may not have a single 7 and only a handful of 6's I do pretty good battling Legends players using strategy.
  • It is worth saying that only the top 250 stay in Legend League. There are more than 250 players with multiple rank 7s. Many have good Legendaries too. The rewards are better in LL (as long as you can get them) and I’m sure most of us would love to be able to stay there if we could. It is inevitable that GM3 will  have a fair quantity of full rank 7 players too simply because they won’t all fit in LL.

A way to solve this would be to have a second (equally rated) Legend League. The top 50 from GM3 could be moved into either one (25 into each), while the bottom 25 in each LL would drop down to replace them.

You could then put the top 8 (or 16) from each LL group into an additional (knockout?) competition run concurrently the following season for glory, honour, titles and, of course, rewards (not too much though! - top players already receive enough).
  • zzzz said:
    Not leveling back down on purpose @LiquidMinstral .  It's really tough in positions 200 to 400, harder than when I went up to Legends and placed in top 25.  Gonna do what I can to stay in Legends but definitely not easy. Now I understand why players are going back down to Grandmasters... it's not always by choice.

Plus using ranks and levels may not work.  While I may not have a single 7 and only a handful of 6's I do pretty good battling Legends players using strategy.

Sorry zzzz, didn't mean to insinuate you were doing it on purpose! I haven't been up to LL since they changed the tiers so I don't have recent personal experience as to what it's like there, but I will be next season. Don't think my lvl 6s stand a chance, but it will be good to see what it's like nowadays.
  • It is worth saying that only the top 250 stay in Legend League. There are more than 250 players with multiple rank 7s. Many have good Legendaries too. The rewards are better in LL (as long as you can get them) and I’m sure most of us would love to be able to stay there if we could. It is inevitable that GM3 will  have a fair quantity of full rank 7 players too simply because they won’t all fit in LL.

A way to solve this would be to have a second (equally rated) Legend League. The top 50 from GM3 could be moved into either one (25 into each), while the bottom 25 in each LL would drop down to replace them.

You could then put the top 8 (or 16) from each LL group into an additional (knockout?) competition run concurrently the following season for glory, honour, titles and, of course, rewards (not too much though! - top players already receive enough).

Great suggestion Kevin!