Alchimisti Team doing the BloodMoon trick?

Hi Mark,

It looks like the team currently ranked #20, Alchemisti may be doing the player swapping trick made famous by BloodMoon. They have players swapping in and out, and their leader is 3rd from the bottom of the list, which is very suspicious. I wanted to send you a DM but the message system wouldn't let me, so I guess we are making this public. Here is what a vigilant player DMed me earlier:

"Might want to keep an eye on #20 Alchimisti.  Leader is at 3rd from bottom. Have screenshots of mfalme going in and out today.  20 on team, 19 on team, 20 on team... only change was mfalme was there, then gone, then back again.

Doesn't make sense for a team with quite a few Tusker 5's to be doing such high damage.  All the top teams seem to know it takes Tusker 6 leveled up to be doing high damage. 

Don't want to make any accusations yet, but gonna keep an eye on them."

Any idea if and when the devs are going to put an end to these shenanigans?

Comments

• Hey LiquidMinstral.. is this the same response you got...

Thank you for reporting this, we'll investigate the situation.

We are actively keeping an eye on our players and if we find any that perform incoherently with how the game is set up we take action to make sure LOS is free of cheaters as we can make it.
  • While I absolutely do appreciate a watchful eye for fair play... Please please please, do not publicly accuse guilds of foul play unless you have 100% undeniable proof of wrong doing. Being suspicious is one thing... but just a hunch isn't enough to try and discredit them and start pointing fingers. 

I track the leaderboards fairly closely, and while I have not been monitoring every single guild and its exact player roster  (I don't have that much time)... I don't think "Alchimisti" seem to be doing anything crazy. Their damage levels are probably accurate for their guild position, and daily progression. (You can math out their damage per day if you look at leaderboard screenshots)

Don't ever get caught up in looking at the power levels of Tusker alone. That's just bad and a horrendous gauge of judging a guild's Power Level and potential for damage on guild boss battles. Tusker isn't the only source of doing "high level damage".

If you're looking at a guild's roster and focusing on either the 'Favorite Creature" or even the "Last Played Team" of each player - you're not even looking at what teams players use for Guild Battles. The guild boss team played in battles do not register for the Last Played and show up on a player profile. What you see is the last team played for heroic farming, or what the player selected for just any old line up. I could click on a heroic... select all level 2 creatures, and that is what it would tell everyone was my "Last Played" team. I wouldn't even have to play it. I merely selected it and it shows up with that line up to everyone.

The "Favorite Creature" is also based off of a "Power Rating" of that creature. Which, if you didn't know is also a horrible gauge because some creatures just have massively HIGHER "Power Level" than others due to imbalanced stat weighting by the game. It doesn't really matter because they may not even play with that creature in boss battles. Tusker and Rotbite are notorious for having just stupidly high "Power Ratings".

Look, I get it, I want fair play too, but this is the wrong way to go about having guilds get called out when they could be completely playing legit. "Keep an eye on them", but just because you see one player go in and out in a day or two doesn't mean they're rotating players. If they are rotating players, screenshot it and provide the screenshots. It may not be you who has them, but if you don't have the evidence, why assume? Provide the evidence if you have it if you don't then you can't accuse someone. 

I've had to personally kick a player when we had a guild slot open... hours later that same player actually rejoined and refused to say anything. So I had to kick them again! If you've never experienced this as a guild, MANY players will consistently watch the top 25 on the leaderboard and when they see an open slot they'll just slide on in and join. Why? - Because there's nothing to prevent them from doing so. As a guild leader or officer you can't lock people out of joining your guild except by maintaining a full roster. 

It's incredibly tough to take a guild into the top 25 legitimately. If they are playing legit, good on em. If they aren't then you should be darn sure you've got the evidence to back it up. 
  • I hear what you are saying Denzik, but at the same time, I posed it as a question, not as an accusation -- it's something to keep an eye on. It would be different if I said they were absolutely doing this, but I didn't, I put it out there for people to follow up on and monitor. I wasn't basing this off their power score or favorite creature, I was looking at their roster and their donations. It is rather odd that the guild leader was third from the bottom with a minimal amount of donations, which doesn't make sense and begs a closer look to see if something out of the norm is taking place. Besides, what are the consequences for the team being called out? Nothing if they are legit, and if they aren't, then it's good we brought some awareness to what's going on.
  • Hello! I'm Padr3br0wn leader of Alchimisti. I just wanted to say that we love to play this game and i personally hate people or guilds playing  not fairly. I apologize for my bad english.. nothing wrong with us, only a lot of work, coordination and game play strategies. We reached the top 20 with our own strenght. We had to change players sometimes, as any other guild and when a new player joins, he has to join the Line chat too. We wait an hour or two, then we kick him. Sometimes they joins again. Mfalme at third.. attempt understood and we talked on chat and i then decided to let him stay for now.   If you saw Vega as leader in the last places it's because she wanted to found her own guild, and i let her go sometimes ago, but i needed her back cause i was a bit stressed and she is a good friend of mine, so she came back, i gave her leadership and rested for a while. Now i'm ok and back the leader. With the new season she will leave again and start her guild.  Don't worry guys, better have people to report "strange" things than having lots of people playing out of the rules. But please think twice before  saying those things.  No hackers, cheaters, or unfair tricks here. Just, fun, work and a lot of passion!! Thank you and have fun you all guys!
  • I asked Solgard the direct question if having more than 40 battles and 20 bombs was allowed under the rules of fair play. 

There is currently nothing in the programming to prevent this from happening, and I was unable to find specific rules or guidelines on this topic.

Since this "strategy" is now public, I can only hope that players will request that coding is added to help keep the game fair to everyone.

I am also hoping the teams called out will rise above it all, and join in the request for  Solgard implement coding limits to 40 battles and 20 bombs per reset, and maximum reset period donations to 3000.

It's for the good of the game, and rules of fair play.
  • Hello! I'm Padr3br0wn leader of Alchimisti. I just wanted to say that we love to play this game and i personally hate people or guilds playing  not fairly. I apologize for my bad english.. nothing wrong with us, only a lot of work, coordination and game play strategies. We reached the top 20 with our own strenght. We had to change players sometimes, as any other guild and when a new player joins, he has to join the Line chat too. We wait an hour or two, then we kick him. Sometimes they joins again. Mfalme at third.. attempt understood and we talked on chat and i then decided to let him stay for now.   If you saw Vega as leader in the last places it's because she wanted to found her own guild, and i let her go sometimes ago, but i needed her back cause i was a bit stressed and she is a good friend of mine, so she came back, i gave her leadership and rested for a while. Now i'm ok and back the leader. With the new season she will leave again and start her guild.  Don't worry guys, better have people to report "strange" things than having lots of people playing out of the rules. But please think twice before  saying those things.  No hackers, cheaters, or unfair tricks here. Just, fun, work and a lot of passion!! Thank you and have fun you all guys!
    Thanks for speaking up and letting us know! I wasn't accusing, just questioning, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I appreciate you explaining, and great job on your team's success.
  • No problem. I'm just happy that someone reported it to me, so i had the opportunity to explain. I already suggested a couple of months ago in the Facebook Group that a limit of 40 attacks and 20 bombs could be a good idea to have good competition without unfair tricks. I hope this will be part of a future update, cause we are working an a academy guild, to menage wait list and help interesting Players to be ready to join the top guild. Teaching game steategies, helping out on wich idol on wich creature is the best and so on.. I want to turnover more Players cause we do group attacks everyday, and some are very tired, without fear that some people may think we are doing bad "tricks" . Cause we are "smart" but not unfair. 
  • Great idea with the academy guild! Perhaps more of he top guilds will consider doing something like that to improve overall competition.