Can anyone tell me how to get past a Grimbash?

edited February 8 in Discussions
Can anyone tell me how to get past a Grimbash?  I’ve been trying for days to get through the bounty with Grimbash, rockgronch and raven master. Completely failing every time 😣

Comments

• edited February 8
    If this is "Vile Villains - 4 - Battle #1" otherwise known as VV4.1 - Alfar... It's a challenge, and may take a few tries, but i've had success with the following team.

Roughpaw: Buffs your minions and provides block. The key point though is that he doesn't trigger anything that would affect the Grimbash. Valkrie Arrows that go stray and hit targets that are affected by Grimbash are bad and end up hurting you. Roughpaw here just affects your side of the board and avoids nasty Grimbash Retaliation hammers.

Rotbite: Don't sleep on this little guy he might start small but swings that club viciously once he gets going. Sync these if you can. Trying to make a Big will likely get them killed... Sync them and line them up so he can mow down a column of weak minions. Sneaking these through with Roughpaw Buffs and being synced can easily take a massive chunk from the enemy's health if not win the battle outright. 

Land Wyrm: I use him here, but most folks don't actually have a Leveled Land Wyrm... I use the poison to control the board, work down  Rock Gronchs and Raven Masters, but also for the ability to Strike through and Pierce the enemy's face. He can sometimes strike through weak minions, hit the enemy's health total and then swing again sneaking in surprising damage if he lives. He will also provide a poison aura for Roughpaw and Rotbite to take advantage of with their no-hold attacks. You may not kill the thing on the other side of the board but you might poison it to keep it from growing out of control.

If you don't have Land Wyrm developed...

Grimchop: Rock the Chop. He'll block a fair amount of attacks when combined with Roughpaw and his naturally high block rate. He also has a similar "Pierce" or strike ability that hits behind targets. The shield throw can work down minions and the hold timer isn't that long so you can often times just sneak him through. 

Good Luck! - This is the hardest level of bounties in the game. It's gonna be hard, but if VV4.1 is a real struggle for you... wait until you hit 4.3...

• Good advice Denzik! I tend to use fast creatures and ones that don't throw stuff (no Val, Rock gonch, crack, etc.) Tusker, roughpaw, Dazzle, grimchop are a good combo since all three fast creatures will help boost your grimchop. I usually beat this level when grimbash doesn't get combined, so you'll just have to keep working at it and get a little luck on your side.
  • I used GrimChop, Mudscrape, Dazzlepaw but it took over 50 tries. In general don't put anything right in front of her always attack just off to either side.  Best if you can get behind GrimChop and then load up that side.
  • You should probably not use mudscrape, since that causes the grimbash to stay on the board longer then they need to. I would suggest not using any creatures with stun ability.
  • Thanks guys. Now how to defeat a Vinebeard?
  • Time and luck. I don’t want to think about how long it took, mudscrape, cracklehoof, and Rock Gronch each equipped with 2 idols and tusker with 1 idol. 
  • edited February 18
    @Purpilicious7
    My Vile Villains Gang 4.3 Team is the following:

RED: Valkyrie... (Could sub in Roughpaw)
    YELLOW: Rotbite... (Could sub in Cracklehoof)
    GREEN: Land Wyrm... (Could sub in Grimchop)
    PURPLE: Mire Wyrm... (Could try subbing in Tusker) 

My Mire Wyrm is heavily leveled and skilled. However, he's often times the MVP of these fights. He is about as Close as a "Counter" as you can get to being able to counter Vinebeard.

On combination of a Mire Wyrm, Vinebeard will smack the Mire Wyrm, but if your Mire Wyrm survives, he'll puff poison back  perhaps likely at the Vinebeard. At high enough levels the Poison can help either control the strength of the Vinebeard, or maybe even eventually outright kill the Vinebeard if poison stacks high enough on it. 

It will still take many many tries to defeat this the first time, especially if under leveled. It's the hardest bounty in the game and takes some folks weeks to months to defeat it. Don't get discouraged though, you may just need to invest in your teams to have them survive and deal enough damage to get through this one. 
  • Thanks Denzik for the advice. I will give that a try!
  • edited February 19
    Oooh, hadn’t thought about mire wyrm.

i can get him down to about 15-20 with the first 3.

guess I need to level my mire wyrm a bit tho. Think he is 4.1 (7/7).
  • This bounty checkpoint is the rude awakening people get after cruising through to Vile Villains. It's meant to be hard, and while many players get there with level 4 minions, it will honestly take a lot of random luck to beat it with creatures that aren't level 5+ or 6. Sure some can squeak through and win, but it might take them hundreds of tries. Even with level 6 minions, i will still fail a few times, but generally have cycled these bounties for the last few weeks with little trouble.
  • I have level 6 roughpaw, rotbite, tusker with a level 5.1 land wyrm is my most successful team atm.

I can do the first 2 on a daily basis now, but I'm lucky if I get the 3rd one down to below 20 health.

I will do it some day. But you are right. You can cruise quite comfortably to VV4, then bam. It's a whole step up.

I lovely the weekly bounty challenge where I have a chance of success.
  • My A team which I use for all bounties is Valk, Dazzle, Rock, and Tusker. All have 2 idols. Valk and Dazzle are level 5 and the other two level 6. I can usually get through the first two on VV4 in one or two tries, but then the third one usually takes me 6-10 attempts. It's a death sentence once Vinebeard comes out, let alone 2 or 3 (Can't wait to get a leveled Vinebeard myself -- what a beast!). I'm going to start leveling up my Mire Wyrm as per Denzik's suggestion. It's a creature I have ignored thus far but has a lot more benefits that I didn't realize, same with Land Wyrm.
  • Can anyone tell me how to get past a Grimbash?  I’ve been trying for days to get through the bounty with Grimbash, rockgronch and raven master. Completely failing every time 😣
    Not allowing the Grimbash to combine works pretty well or attack immediately with spell and creatures - hardest to fight on outside lane too - play smart!