Is it just me who thinks auto battle sucks?

I really can’t see the point of auto battle for this game. What is the point of this game it plays by itself. It feels like I’m just wasting my battery. I thought this is a puzzle game. And what puzzle game offers autoplay?

Answers

• I think it's primarily to speed up farming. Playing those levels where there is no chance of losing (once you have leveled up enough) does get boring, so I get the idea of auto play with that. Others have mentioned that in the Hero Arena autoplay can have an advantage as the "AI" does often seem to "know" where sprites will replenish, and move them to the requisite spots providing an advantage, but I don't know how accurate that is.
  • Love the auto play when I'm short on time.  Sometimes it surprises me with some of the moves, like... hey I didn't see that move!  

Gotta be ready to hit stop before a bad move, like a four square that puts a creature on hold for one turn, when you need a 0 hold (runner) for the win : p

Part of the fun of this game is the creature choice strategies and combinations.  It's not all about building a couple of invincible creatures.  Finding the Achilles heel of my opponents is so rewarding.... yup just beat your Level 7's with my 4's and 5's.. lol

• I agree zzzzz. That's why I love the hero arena because you need a deep roster and get to assemble the perfect team to dismantle them. I love seeing my "C" team unravel their "A" squad where their power score is 1000 more than mine.