New version of Solgard is being rolled out! Version 1.6.0

edited January 28 in Updates

Hi guys,

Version 1.6.0 of Solgard is currently being rolled out in stages over the next couple of days. This is a staged roll out - so far only some Android users have the update to see if everything works OK. You will automatically get a popup in the game when the release is ready to download.

New in this update:

New upcoming legendary creature: Moon Mage. Moon Mage will be available in an upcoming Treasure Cave event this weekend. While the Moon Mage waits out her hold, she'll grow by absorbing nearby uncombined Moon Mages (Shadow Vortex). Her other ability, Lune Blade, does poison damage over two turns.

New upcoming common creature: Mossbow, in a Rainbow/Gnome event in the middle of next month. Mossbow has a shower of arrows attack that sets the target spaces on fire (Flamefall) and the other arrow attack is a guaranteed crit hit that can divide and hit multiple targets at higher levels (Headshot).

• The Hero Arena will now give better rewards to those advancing to higher leagues.

• All players will now earn more gold. Products in the shop priced in gold have had prices adjusted accordingly.

• Autobattle will be available for everyone

• Various bug fixes and improvements

Balance Changes:

• The Gloomfang now hits fewer enemies when combined, which will affect growth. He'll also get more power earlier on, but he'll do less bonus damage. Gloomfang's attacking wolves will do less guaranteed damage, but they'll have better luck and do more bonus damage.
  • The Dazzlepaw hits fewer attacking units when attacking, and will do less guaranteed damage but will have better luck and do more bonus damage.

Comments

• I do not see post in this forum regarding changes coming down the pike starting with android players January 28. New critter being phased in.  Stats on gloomfang and dazzlepaw to be adjusted.  Everyone will be in high gold lower dust while items in shop will cost more to reflect higher gold rewards for all players. More detailed change in given by Squirrel on Legend of Solgard group Facebook.  
  • Still waiting for the update on android...
  • Bedazzle said:
    I do not see post in this forum regarding changes coming down the pike starting with android players January 28. New critter being phased in.  Stats on gloomfang and dazzlepaw to be adjusted.  Everyone will be in high gold lower dust while items in shop will cost more to reflect higher gold rewards for all players. More detailed change in given by Squirrel on Legend of Solgard group Facebook.  
    Hi Bedazzle,

Moved your thread to the release note. Update is still being rolled out and if the release note goes out too fast then a lot of players will ping back saying it's not yet available.
  • I have the update, but I see no increases in gold earned. The only increase I’ve seen is treasure hunts went up about 100 gold from averaging around 1400 pre-update to 1500 gold post update - and that’s when I’m able to actually win (the difficulty level of treasure hunts has seemingly taken a huge step forward too). Yet the price for dust in the store has basically tripled, ballooning to over 13k for 3000 dust! I went from being able to occasionally buy dust to no chance of ever buying dust (not if I want to be able to afford leveling my creatures).

I asked my team about this too and one person said they are seeing a LOT more gold, but obviously I’m not. So either the update is really buggy and uneven, or my teammate is associated with King and is just parroting company line, or you have to be of a certain level to actually see any gold improvements.

Bottom line (and in relation to what LiquidMinstral said), how is making basic leveling items harder to get suppose to make us happy and enjoy the game? This pushes me more toward deleting the app rather than wanting to spend any money on it, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that line of thinking. 😕
  • Kitara,

I think you were in the "high gold, low dust" group to begin with, so that's why you are not getting a significant difference in gold. I was in the "low gold, high dust" group and have seen a significant increase in gold, but my dust has slowed to a trickle.
  • Auto battle sucks 
  • MarkHawk said:

Hi guys,

Version 1.6.0 of Solgard is currently being rolled out in stages over the next couple of days. This is a staged roll out - so far only some Android users have the update to see if everything works OK. You will automatically get a popup in the game when the release is ready to download.

New in this update:

New upcoming legendary creature: Moon Mage. Moon Mage will be available in an upcoming Treasure Cave event this weekend. While the Moon Mage waits out her hold, she'll grow by absorbing nearby uncombined Moon Mages (Shadow Vortex). Her other ability, Lune Blade, does poison damage over two turns.

New upcoming common creature: Mossbow, in a Rainbow/Gnome event in the middle of next month. Mossbow has a shower of arrows attack that sets the target spaces on fire (Flamefall) and the other arrow attack is a guaranteed crit hit that can divide and hit multiple targets at higher levels (Headshot).

• The Hero Arena will now give better rewards to those advancing to higher leagues.

• All players will now earn more gold. Products in the shop priced in gold have had prices adjusted accordingly.

• Autobattle will be available for everyone

• Various bug fixes and improvements

Balance Changes:

• The Gloomfang now hits fewer enemies when combined, which will affect growth. He'll also get more power earlier on, but he'll do less bonus damage. Gloomfang's attacking wolves will do less guaranteed damage, but they'll have better luck and do more bonus damage.
    • The Dazzlepaw hits fewer attacking units when attacking, and will do less guaranteed damage but will have better luck and do more bonus damage.

• This change to the gold prices on dust in the shop is horrible. You guys need to change it back to the way it was. I haven't noticed any increase in my gold income since this update and i play at least twice a day everyday. My dust will be devastated by this foolish mistake. Also i used to get deals like legendary chest and 40,000 gold for 15 bucks. I haven't seen any good deals like that pop up in a very long time. 
  • Since the last update, prices in the shop have increased by a factor of exactly 5 times. For example, ability dust that used to cost 4,600 gold for 5,000 dust now cost 13,750 gold for 3,000 dust. Adjusting for conversion factor, it is 5x more expensive. Similary, for sun stones in the shop, it is also 5x more expensive (750 gold for 100 stones for common creature now costs 3,750 gold). As mentioned in the posts above, there is no corresponding increase in gold, so it's just very unfortunate.

An interesting thing to note is that the cost of using diamonds to buy from the shop remained unchanged. It still costs 450 diamonds to buy 5,000 dust, if I'm not wrong. So this is a push for more in-game purchases (hint hint) :)