Get rid of your unused junk (like idol molds)

It would be really nice to be able unload stuff you don't need like the 12+ idol molds I've collected that are terrible and I will never use. Maybe we can exchange unused idol molds for diamonds, gold, or raw materials. Maybe we could exchange them for items, like 3 molds for a set of the the waaaaaaay overpriced idol removal hammers (you guys REALLY need to lower the price of those -- $6 for three hammers is a TOTAL ripoff). Another way to get rid of unused stuff would be the ability to exchange materials with your guild-mates.

Anybody have thoughts or suggestions about this, or how to improve this idea?

Comments

• And get rid of creatures you do not want and never have to suffer getting glowbuck gems in every chest for a month until you want to throw that chest against the wall (if only you could 😂). I mean this could work against you as later you may discover that creature has turned out GM great or is the key to completing some level so it’s not like you will just go getting rid of them all easily but you can reduce some of the boring gems received. Perhaps they could make a cap on number of creatures that can be exchanged and/or removed for certain time periods. 

Trading gems in guilds would be very cool 😎 
  • In some ways it would be VERY nice to get rid of creatures for good, and never have to get "wasted" gems for those creatures anymore (it drives me nuts when I think I get Val gems only to find out it's Shroomling). BUT, I'm guessing people will get rid of all but 12 or 14 creatures, and if you only get gems for 12 or 14 creatures, they will become too powerful too quickly. The top players and teams might pull away even faster then they already are. This game already gives the top teams and players too much of an advantage, as they are the only ones who can get Legendaries with any regularity, making the gap between the haves and have-nots greater with each day. In addition, if you got rid of creatures, that would have a severe impact on the Underworld, which would have to be completely reworked.
  • Lol LiquidMinstral. Same thing happens witth me regarding thinking (briefly seeing) getting Val gems and ends up some other red gems. Good to know that I do not need new glasses.  
  • Great ideas Denzik!
  • I have many materials.  I can’t find molds anywhere.  I do my dailies.  Is there somewhere specific they drop? I would love to add some idols to my team. 

Thank you. 
  • Molds come from a few places, but are rare, and the likely hood of getting a rare and epic or even a Legendary are very slim. You may play for months or even a year and never see a Legendary Mold drop. 

However, the two most common places you will find a Mold are;

1) Boss Arena: 
    All 3 Bosses (Nidhogg, Rungner, and Maskina) have a “chance” to drop a mold with the exception of Maskina who I believe is a Guaranteed Drop.
    - Nidhogg rarely if ever drops one but it has happened 1 time in my many months of play. It’s better to not “expect” a drop though. It will only lead to disappointment. 
    - Rungner can sometimes drop one but it will still often go a few weeks in a row where he doesn’t drop one though. You can cross your fingers and hope for one from him and if you get one, consider it a lucky week. 
    -Maskina will and has for as long as I can remember “always” dropped an Idol mold. However, Maskina will drop everything from Common to Legendary Idols. You will most likely get a Common drop, Rare drops occur maybe 1or 2 times a month in my experience, and you could get lucky and have an Epic Drop, or...  (I’ve only seen screenshots) maybe just maybe, even a Legendary drop once in a “Super Blood Wolf Moon”... 

2) Underworld
    - Underworld is your source of Materials and rarely Molds too.You should try to continue doing Underworld every day and progress generally as far as you can. If you fail a chamber and have to reset, don’t be discouraged it’s not really a hindrance to progression since you pick up materials along the way. Molds have dropped from “Large Material Chests”. I can’t recall if small regular “Material Chests” drop them too, but I wouldn’t expect a mold from a small chest. The large ones however, have shown to rarely drop a Mold. I’ve personally only seen up to a Rare Idol drop from a Large Materials Chest, but it’s only happened once. I have maybe gotten a handful of commons. 

Also, Molds can come from other sources (The Shop for Diamonds, Reward Chests for those who place exceptionally high on Leaderboards, Etc ) but the listed 2 is where most players get them. 
  • Denzik. I like your suggestion of being able to combined completed molds that have not been used yet to make an idol into a higher level single mold.  However, to maintain the challenge level of the game, the materials would need to be used up to make these new molds. 
  • I've only seen Maskina dropped the molds and they were always common ((
  • When you get high enough in the underworld you get more molds, starting at level 12 I think.
  • Picked up two Rank 5 molds in Chamber 4 and one from Boss Arena.

It seemed that all my Underworld molds were coming from even numbered chambers.. could have been just my luck and the Underworld mold drops are random... haven't been able to prove one way or another.

Have 15 molds in inventory... now on Chamber 13.... more molds after 12?  Need to work on my materials farming strategy... lol
  • Materials are really hard to come by!
  • Sure wish Snowprint would reconsider the timers on the Underworld to give players a better chance of acquiring materials for all the molds, or reconsider the amount of materials in the chests.  Takes forever to get crafting materials.  

Good thing I have a whole lotta patience, otherwise I would have said... phooey on the Underworld long ago... Glad I'm sticking with it daily, but it is a little frustrating at times..lol
  • Iam having the same problem . But my biggest complaint is that you cant use your crafting materials on the molds of your choice! Iam on level 29 and still getting tons of level 1 molds and that takes materials away from my level 5 molds
  • Sometimes getting idol removal tools in Underworld would be nice too (unless that’s already possible, but I have never seen one). Seems harsh that the only way to get these is to pay 200 diamonds each for them.
  • Maybe Snowprint could occasionally surprise us with a hammer or bonus crafting materials on the Wheel of Fortune...lol
  • It seems that even levels do give better rewards (thanks BoatFace & Denzik!). I read level 14 is one of the better ones to stay on for farming purposes.

Your materials do not get used up on a mold unless you make that mold. So don't worry about: "I am on level 29 and still getting tons of level 1 molds and that takes materials away from my level 5 mold." Your materials only get used when actually make a mold. At the top of the idols page (in-game) it tells you your total materials, and then the molds show you which ones you could make with your materials.

Cheaper hammers (or free hammers) would be really nice. I have been harping on overpriced hammers for months. 3 hammers roughly translates to $6 (US) if you purchase diamonds. That's a total ripoff!

• edited March 5
    Another option would be to give players the option to remove idols without a hammer, but instead face a cooldown of, say, 24 hours on both the removed idol and the socket it was removed from. This would encourage lower level players to use idols more since the ‘fear’ of slotting the wrong idol into the wrong slot would be vastly diminished.

Of course, a hammer could still be used to avoid both the cooldowns and be able to use both again immediately.