Rigged PVP??

I'll start by saying I've had pretty crap luck most of my life, so maybe it's just that...

Does anybody else feel like the "randomizer" in the Player Arena grossly favors the opponent? Theoretically, the initial setup and the reinforcements should be placed at random...

But man, I almost always would prefer my opponent's setup to my own, and rarely feel as if my reinforcements are placed in an advantageous position, whereas my opponent's often do...

Again, maybe it's just me...I suppose I'd be more curious if anybody feels differently rather than the same as I do...

-EG

Comments

• It is the same for me. Maybe lower rank creatures are now preferred. With legendary ones I don't get any combination anymore or even blocked positions on my side while the AI creates synched pairs one after another.

Best, Pepi

• Hi guys. I know your frustration as I was pulling my hair out over the Hero Arena too, but I've come to figure some things out that have eased my frustration with it. I realized that I was getting most frustrated trying to move up in a league I was overmatched in. Once I was dropped down a league level, all of a sudden their system started making sense.

1) Pay close attention to the stated rules of the league in regards to what rank you must be to rank up, stay put, or be dropped down. If you're way overmatched, you'll be dropped down a level to have better matched opponents.

2) Play hero mode the required 2 matches per day to get the daily bonus, until you have the right strength squad and are in the correct league to make a run at the top. Remember, it's an RPG, and a casual daily game at that, there is always a certain amount of grinding that takes place in order to build up your characters. So sit back and grind for a while until you're ready to take home the rewards.

3) If you have chracters that are of equal level as your opponent, with the right strategy, you should win more than 50% of the time. Of course, luck does plays into it some, and it also depends on how much you gamble (like leaving two charaters stacked and resummoning characters to finish the match rather than stacking the third before you refresh).

4) Yes, the "AI" sometimes gets ridiculously amazing draws, but also pay attention to when you get strings of really good draws. It probably happens more to you than you realize.

• edited January 15
    I agree with the LiquidMinstral about being potentially overmatched.  However one trick I've been using is to turn on auto especially in the early stages of the match & if I have a bad draw to start with.

I could be imagining things but I swear the AI knows what creatures will be summoned where and sets the board up in a way that is most advantageous.
  • I agree with the LiquidMinstral about being potentially overmatched.  However one trick I've been using is to turn on auto especially in the early stages of the match & if I have a bad draw to start with.

I could be imagining things but I swear the AI knows what creatures will be summoned where and sets the board up in a way that is most advantageous.
    It absolutely does. I've watched the opponent's board move a single minion to an unoccupied randomly placed column that is empty...  there just happens to be like 5 unoccupied columns. But it selects "that one column"... Miraculously after a Re-summon it just happens to get 2 more in behind it to form a combination. 

Or i've seen this happen ALL the time... Where it takes a minion, moves it behind a minion of the same color... but it purposefully moves it to a place that seems too coincidental. Like, there's 2 other columns with minions of the same color, but it moves it to that one that's way over there away from any minions I have, it's not placing it where you'd expect someone to begin lining up a defensive unit... But again... Miraculously on a re-summon it happens to get a combination on re-summon. 

I've seen the above happen far too often. Sometimes things don't go the way of the computer, but more often than not it sure feels like it works more in their favor.