How long before a guild leader is replaced

how many days until a inactive guild leader is demoted

Comments

• Hi Glen,

21 days to be exact. After this the next officer in line will be promoted Guild leader.

• The next "active" officer in line I think :)

Regards,

Vincent

• MarkHawk said:

Hi Glen,

21 days to be exact. After this the next officer in line will be promoted Guild leader.

It use to be 7 days. When did it change? 
  • In my case it happened at 14, and that seemed too long as almost all other active members had left by then. 
  • It is important to have an active Guild leader.. the former 7 day rule seems most appropriate.  How can a Guild grow if the leader is MIA?

Think Snowprint should reset back to 7 days.
  • I can appreciate being on vacation for a week without internet access (experiences that myself last year), perhaps 10 days makes more sense. Regardless, 21 is far too long. 
  • Seven days is a long time for a leader to be out of touch with the Crew. 

Even though I've been promoted to leader of our Guild several times I always demote myself and promote Eldr back to leader.  He's ever so consistent, trustworthy, and reliable.  Best leader ever : ) 

The only advantage of being leader is that you have the power to demote officers to members, and members can then be kicked by the leader or other officers.  But what I've learned recently here in the Forum, a kicked player can return to a guild.  Just need to know you team #.

We have a democratic system in our Guild. The Crew chats with the potential kick candidate, and then votes on how to proceed.  Those chats have proven to be good for the Guild, and there is a sense of being a Solgard family.  Loving my Solgard family and hoping we will be together for a long time.