Energy

I started this game today and I love it! However, one thing makes me stop loving this game is game itself.

I started the game and enjoyed it. After 30 mins, I used all my energy and reached level 4. But that’s it. I run out energy and have nothing to do. The energy is recovered at 10 mins for 1 point! That means 40 mins waiting time and 3 to 5 mins game time!!! What is worse is there’s no other way to get energy that I know of. 

If this is the way that this game is planned on making money, I would say it’s a bad idea and petty low.

Also, the skill is off too. There are ten levels? But first couple levels seems useless and there are lots of characters to update.

All above.

Comments

• Agreed... I’ve never seen a game that tried so hard to get me *not* to play it. Is there something I’m missing, like a way to recharge energy without gems? Only being able to play for ten minutes or so every eight hours doesn’t make sense at all — and the levels cost more energy the further you get!

• Agreed... I’ve never seen a game that tried so hard to get me *not* to play it. Is there something I’m missing, like a way to recharge energy without gems? Only being able to play for ten minutes or so every eight hours doesn’t make sense at all — and the levels cost more energy the further you get!

• Later on many of the levels get very hard, especially every 5th level.  And for some reason, it gives you part of the energy back if you fail a level.  So later on the energy lasts longer, in the sense that you are playing for more minutes due to the discounted failures.  

But yeah, I haven't seen a game that gives an energy every 10 minutes and doesn't have any free refill items.

• Energy system in this game sucks. I think even 5min refresh is too much. What i can see in other games, 2-3min refresh is the best if you need 3-5 energy per fight.

If you let players play more you can earn much more than if you limit them and want to make money on forcing players to pay to even play

• Ok, I was wrong.  Energy costs keep going up.  Level 62 and up is 8 energy.  Definitely the worst freemium energy experience I've seen.  

• Posted by ArtNJ 4 hours ago

Ok, I was wrong.  Energy costs keep going up.  Level 62 and up is 8 energy.  Definitely the worst freemium energy experience I've seen.  

That is insane. 80mins waiting for 5mins playing. I like this game, but if i cant play i dont event think about pay for something.

• Level 8 and on level 80 now... still no way to get more energy, and now the stages cost 12 energy each — and maximum energy is 47. That’s 3 stages every 6 hours.

• edited August 2018

It seems like you are ment to clear 3-5 levels a day over like 15-20 attempts.  Regardless, its not a lot of playing.  Although maybe Dylan can't even do that at level 80.  They need to fix this.  

• edited August 2018

Agree 100%, I enjoy the mechanics of this game, for the very short time it let’s me play. Though, let’s remember this is a King/Activision game and from the top down is designed perfectly based on their maximum revenue predictions. Based on this, I see no changes coming to what is correctly being called the stingiest freemium game ever. I’m not sure how long I will keep playing this game that doesn’t want me to play it.

• Posted by Dylan 2 days ago

Agreed... I’ve never seen a game that tried so hard to get me *not* to play it. Is there something I’m missing, like a way to recharge energy without gems? Only being able to play for ten minutes or so every eight hours doesn’t make sense at all — and the levels cost more energy the further you get!

Well said...

• It doesn't change my opinion much, but Arena doesn't seem to be meaningfully time limited ... you can more or less play as much as you want, when you want.  I got full season rewards today by playing 2-3 hours over the course of today.  Of course if each season is a week or longer, this isn't a ton of extra play, but its something.  

• I started out really excited for this game, but the length of time it takes energy to renew is making me lose interest quickly. I’m happy to pay for a game I like, to support a great game experience, but if I want to play a game more than 30 minutes at a time, I feel like I may have to look elsewhere. It shouldn’t be too difficult to at least finish the quests, but I only won twice before my stamina ran out. Maybe replaying lower levels you’ve already conquered to earn stamina (or the ability to improve your characters) would help? That’s my only complaint though; the game is otherwise fantastic. I don’t normally post in forums, but I’d really like that aspect to change.

• edited December 2019
    Just create an acc here to agree with all here - play till act 2 and drop it, need To wait 1 hr to play one round? No way

the game is cool - but way far from be a f2p game!
  • Need to sort out the energy in this game I love playing it but the waiting is making me not want to play it, your losing players due to this 
  • The further you get into the game the more there is to do. You earn play passes that let you play after you used up the regular play time. I have so many play passes in the different play modes that I don't know what to do with it. I can't afford to play several hours a day.